Application Instructions for SLMA College of Fellows
The applicant must be sure that four things happen for them to be considered:
- You must send in a completed application.
- You must pay the $50 application fee.
- There must be five letters of support sent directly to the SLMA. See instructions below.
- All documents must arrive by the deadline, no exception.
- Fill out the application found on the SLMA Site under the Section for "College of Fellows."
- Fill out the application using 12-point type.
- The application should be no more than three pages, single sided.
- No supplementary information will be considered.
- Send a photo with your application (jpg or png)
- Meet the deadline. The SLMA Fellows is an annual program. Applicants must send in application and criteria descriptions for 2014 on or before June 1, 2014. Those named as SLMA Fellows will be informed of their selection by July 1, 2014.
- Applications for 2015 will be taken from April 1, 2014 until June 1, 2014.
- Submit a $50 non-refundable fee by check or online (SLMA Site) by credit card.
- If paying by check, submit it with your application payable to the Sales Lead Management Association.
- Include a headshot to be used upon selection. Headshot can be emailed. .jpg or png format only.
Submitting the Application
SLMA College of Fellows
17853 Santiago Blvd.,
Villa Park, CA 92861
The complete application form, criteria of descriptions and all letters of support must be received at SLMA offices by end of business day, 5 PM Pacific Standard Time, June 1, 2014.
Letters of Support
- Applicants request that five individuals submit a letter of support. These letter cannot be from current employers, employees or students.
- Two of the five letters should be from people in leadership positions.
- Letters from leaders will not be considered if you have worked for the person in the last four years.
- At least one letter has to be from someone not in the sales lead management industry. This could be a client, someone in management you have worked for outside the industry, etc.
- No one may write a letter for more than one SLMA Fellow applicant per year.
- Applicants responsibility for letter writers:
- Letters must be received by the annual deadline.
- The Fellows applicant may not write a letter or his/her behalf.
- The letters must be submitted on the support organization's or personal letterhead.
- Letters are limited to one page.
- Letters of recommendation cannot be written by members of the SLMA Board or Advisors/Directors.
- Must be submitted via email as a PDF file, a scanned file, by mail or by fax. (fax# 714 998 3876)
- Must contain a signature.
If letters are being mailed directly from the writers and not with your application package, they can be mailed to our same address:
Sales Lead Management Assn.
17853 Santiago Blvd.,
Villa Park, CA 92861
Phone inquiries: 714 637 6989
Time Line for Application and Letters of Support.
Applications and letters of support are accepted for the SLMA College of
Fellows until May 15, 2014. Newly selected Fellows will be notified by email. They will also be named in a press release to be distributed on or about July 1, 2014.
The judging committee will be composed of at least five members of the SLMA Staff and selected industry executives (non-eligible in their year of judging).
Guidelines for reapplying to the SLMA College of Fellows
- Reapplication is only considered in the immediately year following the original unsuceessful application. A reappliation must stand entirely on its own.
- Re-applications must include:
- A new application
- Payment of the $50 processing fee.
- Two new letters of support: one from someone within the SLMA, and one from outside the association.
- The previous year's application is combined with the reapplication.
- A reapplication can only be considered if the individual applied the year before. Non-consecutive years are considered totally new applications.
STEP 3: Apply - DOCX version | PDF you can fill out and print >
Right click and save target as for the DOCX version, click on PDF to fill out online, or download and save to your desktop to fill out later.