The nominations are now open.
Final Rules for Nominating and Voting (supersedes rules from previous years)
- You do not have to be a member of the SLMA to Nominate.
- You may nominate a person in only ONE category.
- You must be a member of the SLMA to vote.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Members cannot vote for nominees multiple times.
- A person nominating someone must list
- nominee's name
- email address (for notification only)
- phone number
- company website link
- their LinkedIn, Google+ and/or Twitter profile links
- a 50-word statement of their contributions this year.
- For credibility, please list their LinkedIn, Google+ and/or Twitter profile links so we can follow up to see how others regard them and review their contributions.
- A nominated person does not have to be a member of the SLMA to be in the top 40.
- Members may cast one vote for one person per category. Voters have to be members of the SLMA so we can limit ballots to one per person. Easy to join or update your subscription here.
- A company may not have more than one person as a winner in a category, and not more two people as winners across the four categories.
- Nominations will be published for membership and visitors to view.
- Invalid votes: multiple votes from one person submitted by people using fake email addresses will be detected and destroyed by our program. We validate ALL votes via email.
- The top vote getters in each category will be listed sequentially.
- The person nominated must be active in business sometime in 2017 (retirees count, deceased nominees count if they were active in business sometime in 2017).
- International nominees count, this is not limited to business people from the United States of America.
- Members of the Advisory Board are eligible for nomination. Immediate members of the SLMA management staff (Obermayer, Friedman, Campanale, Hall and Finch) are not eligible for nomination. SLMA Sponsors may be nominated.
Your nomination form information will be posted to our http://www.40mostinspiring.com website under the category 2017 nominees.
We will be posting AS IS. Please read through before submitting. Last year nominees came back requesting edits. This must be done at time of nomination, what you submit is what is posted, so be thoughtful.
A panel of judges will review the nominations, vote totals and chose the top ten in each category based on valid votes. The role of the judges is to be sure the person is valid in a category and the votes are valid. Judges may be nominated, but they will not judge their category.
Nominate by using this short form: